Speaking engagements available
Personal or group Coaching
Wayne H. Wagie - President
We are All One
There are many different ways of climbing a mountain. Some paths are steep and strenuous, others are more gentle. When we have chosen our path there are still many ways to approach the climb. Some people may stroll up, pausing to admire the view, smelling the flowers and stopping to rest periodically. Others want to run up and reach the top as fast as possible. They don't notice the view or the flowers, maybe even slip now and then, scraping their knees and hands. Eventually though, whichever path we choose, we all reach the top.
By becoming aware of our divinity within, we rise to join Jesus in that state of unity with God This is what I understand Jesus meant in saying he is the way to the Father, "that you also may be where I am."
You don't have to be perfect to try to reach the angels, but you do have to be able to live with yourself and keep your own company for long stretches of time.
Wisdom consists of being comfortable with certainty and uncertainty. Strangely, wisdom often arrives only after thinking is over.
If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.
God sees all choices with the same eye - his vision includes no judgment. When a person realizes this, God suddenly opens his deepest secrets, not because God changed his mind but because our perspective has changed.
The turning points in life arrive as small signals at first. Being vigilant is a major part of spiritual evolution. God speaks in silence, but sometimes the silence is louder than at other times.
Something turns the chaos of quantum soup into stars, galaxies, rain forests, human beings and our own thoughts. It is not only possible to know this source of existence but to become intimate and at one with it.
The meaning of life is the sum total of what each person has learned about their own life, and the chance to keep it.
Bliss consciousness has no opposite because it is a state of unity, it is beyond duality and opposites. Bliss is more than deep contentment, it is the inherent joy of existence knowing its own infinite nature.
Creation has been set up for us to become aware of our own infinity. We are on a journey to discover our unity with God. We can look at enlightenment
as a process of accepting our true nature, becoming a complete person accepting full responsibility for everything in our life. It is the natural extension of the individuation process associated with becoming an adult. To make someone's
life free from pain and suffering is in essence to take away their ability to choose and learn. This process of knowing our true nature is not something that can be given to us by God, no matter how benevolent and omnipotent. As every
parent knows, you cannot live the child's life and learn their lessons for them. Becoming a person and creating their own life is something everyone has to do for themselves.
The pain and suffering you see around the world is not something that God has created or could have prevented. These are a by-product of our transgressions of the laws of nature. Suffering could not be externally eliminated from life without taking away our freedom to make choices. To eradicate pain and injustice around us, we need to choose to align our awareness to the field of cosmic intelligence, both individually and collectively.
God has done everything possible to assist us in our growth to freedom and joy by providing the knowledge necessary to attain union with Him/Her. There is no lack of mercy or power in God, but it will go unnoticed and unused unless we reach out to receive it. It is up to us to act upon that knowledge and accept our birthright in union with God.
The Dance of Shiva
The representations of divinity in Hindu teachings are meant to help people understand the abstract evolutionary
principles of the divine through the use of concrete imagery. The dancing Shiva is called Nataraj-the Lord of the Dance. In it, Shiva has a crescent moon on his head, wears a tiger skin, is besmeared with ashes and in his outstretched arms
a drum, and a deer. He dances with one foot on the ground and the other leg raised in the air. It is known as the dance of exuberance in which he leads souls to inner bliss and self-awareness. His right foot which lightly touches the ground is said to be near, but not on top of the demon Andhakasura. The demon represents the three attributes of the phenomenal world. The lesson is that pursuing the spiritual life requires that we recognize that we are in the world but not of it. That we need to be in touch with the concerns of everyday life, but that our growth is not constrained by the physical world. The left raised leg teaches us that we need to go beyond the three ever-changing states of consciousness--waking, dreaming and sleep to the state of pure awareness.. Shiva is the embodiment of this transcendent state of absolute bliss consciousness. The tiger skin Shiva wears represents victory over the ego. The ego is compared to a tiger because like a tiger the ego will attack whatever tries to attack it. In one of Shiva's hands he holds a deer who is steadfastly gazing at him. The deer symbolizes the unsteady and flitting nature of the mind. It's constant gaze on Shiva indicates that the mind is tamed and fulfilled by keeping its focus on the divine. In another hand he holds a drum. It is the source of the cosmic sound from which all creation emerges and dissolves into. These primordial sounds are the origin of all the mantras that are used to transform individual awareness to universal awareness. Another hand is open and gives the benediction of peace and freedom from fear. It assures that aspirant that all is well and they are never outside of God's protection. Shiva holds fire in another hand. This fire depicts the purifying nature of divine knowledge. It burns away all impurity and leaves only that which is pure and refined. All the seeds of karma which keep one trapped in the cycle of birth and death are said to be roasted in this pure fire of knowledge, and the soul becomes free. Shiva's body is smeared with the ash from this fire. This shows that he has reached the stage that is immutable and indestructible, just as fire cannot destroy ashes. The crescent moon on his forehead symbolizes Soma, the nectar of immortality, and tells us that the soul at this level of consciousness realizes its immortality and supreme bliss. The joyful exultation of this reality where all diversity of life is orchestrated and harmonized into a grand symphony is expressed as this dance of ecstasy.
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
The Law of Giving - Monday
operates through dynamic exchange...giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives. I will put the Law of Giving into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. Wherever I go, and whoever I encounter, I will bring them a gift. The gift may be a compliment, a flower, or a prayer. Today, I will give something to everyone I come into contact with, and so I will begin the process of circulating joy, wealth and affluence in my life and in the life of others.
2. Today I will gracefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer to me. I will receive the gifts of Nature: sunlight and the sounds of birds singing, or spring showers or the first snow of winter. I will also be open to receiving from others, whether it be in the form of a material gift, money, a compliment, or a prayer.
3. I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life's most precious gifts: the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation, and love. Each time I meet someone, I will silently wish them happiness, joy, and laughter.
The Law of Karma - Tuesday
generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind...what we sow is what we reap. And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.
I will put the Law of Karma into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. Today I will witness the choices I make in each moment. And in the mere witnessing of these choices, I will bring them into my conscious awareness. I will know that the best way to prepare for any moment in the future is to be fully conscious in the present.
2. Whenever I make a choice, I will ask myself two questions: "What are the consequences of this choice that I am making?" and "Will this choice bring fulfillment and happiness to me and also to those who are affected by this choice?"
3. I will then ask my heart for guidance and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort If the choice feels comfortable, I will plunge ahead with abandon. If the choice feels uncomfortable, I will pause and see the consequences of my action with my inner vision.
This guidance will enable me to make spontaneously correct choices for myself and those around me.
The Law of Least Effort - Wendsday
intelligence functions with effortless ease...with carefreeness, harmony, and love. And when we harness the forces of harmony, joy, and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease.
I will put the Law of Least Effort into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. I will practice acceptance. Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur. I will know that this moment is as it should be, because the whole universe is as it should be. I will not struggle against the whole universe by struggling against this moment. My acceptance is total and complete. I accept things as they are this moment, not as I wish they were.
2. Having accepted things as they are, I will take responsibility for my situation and for all those events I see as problems. I know that taking responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for my situation (and this includes myself.) I also know that every problem is an opportunity in disguise, and this alertness to opportunities allows me to take this moment and transform it into a greater benefit.
3. Today my awareness will remain established in Defenselessness. I will relinquish the need to defend my point of view. I will feel no need to defend my point of view. I will feel no need to convince or persuade others to accept my point of view. I will remain open to all points of view and not be rigidly attached to any one of them.
The Law of Intention and Desire - Thursday
Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...intention and
desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us.
I will put the Law of Intention and Desire into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. I will make a list of all my desires. I will carry this list with me wherever I go. I will look at this list before I go into my silence and meditation. I will look at it before I go to sleep at night. I will look at it when I wake up in the morning.
2. I will release this list of my desires and surrender it to the womb of creation, trusting than when things don't seem to go my way, there is a reason, and that the cosmic plan has designs for me much grander than those that I have conceived.
3. I will remind myself to practice present-moment awareness in all my actions. I will refuse to allow obstacles to consume and dissipate the quality of my attention in the present moment. I will accept the present as it is, and manifest the future through my deepest, most cherished intentions and desires.
The Law of Detachment - Friday
In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty...in the wisdom of uncertainty lies
the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.
I will put the Law of Detachment into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. Today I will commit myself to detachment. I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are. I will not rigidly impose my idea of how things should be. I will not force solutions problems, thereby creating new problems. I will participate in everything with detachment involvement.
2. Today I will factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of my experience. In my willingness to accept uncertainty, solutions will spontaneously emerge out of the problem, out of the confusion, disorder and chaos. The more uncertain things seem to be, the more secure I will feel, because uncertainty is my path to freedom. Through the wisdom of uncertainty, I will find my security.
3. I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices. When I step into the field of all possibilities, I will experience all the fun, adventure, magic, and mystery of life.
The Law of Dharma - Saturday
Everyone has a
purpose in life...a unique or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.
I will put the Law of Dharma into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. Today I will lovingly nurture the god or goddess in embryo that lies deep within my soul. I will pay attention to the spirit within me that animates both my body and my mind. I will awaken myself to this deep stillness within my heart. I will carry the consciousness of timeless, eternal Being in the midst of time-bound experience.
2. I will make a list of my unique talents. Then I will list all the things that I love to do while expressing my unique talents. When I express my unique talents and use them in the service of humanity, I lose track of time and create abundance in my life as well as in the lives of others.
3. I will ask myself daily, "How can I serve?" and "How can I help?" The answers to these questions will allow me to help and serve my fellow human beings with love.
The Law of Pure Potentiality - Sunday
The source of all creation is pure
consciousness...pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest to the manifest. And when we realize that our true Self is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.
I will put the Law of Pure Potentiality into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. I will get in touch with the field of pure potentiality by making time each day to be silent, to just Be. I will also sit alone in silent meditation at least twice a day for approximately thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes in the evening.
2. I will take time each day to commune with nature and to silently witness the intelligence within every living thing. I will sit silently and watch a sunset, or listen to the sound of the ocean or a stream, or simply smell the scent of a flower. In the ecstasy of my own silence, and by communing with nature, I will enjoy the life throb of ages, the field of pure potentiality and unbounded creativity.
3. I will practice non-judgment. I will begin my day with the statement, Today, I shall judge nothing that occurs, and throughout the day, remind yourself not to judge.