Words of Wisdom
We are All One
Speaking engagements available
Personal or group Coaching
Wayne H. Wagie - President
We are what we choose to be today not what we have chosen before
Carl Sandburg " All the past is a bucket of ashes. "
" If my past is at fault for what I am today, and the past cannot be changed, I am doomed to stay as I am ".
Shakesphere " What's gone and past help, should be past grief. "
" Things without remedy, should be without regard; what is done is done. "
Henery Ward Beecher " I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a canceled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it can never be shown against one. "
Emerson on friendship " A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud. "
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato
Memory is a child walking along the seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things.- Pierce Harris
You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. Woodrow Wilson
In the world, it is I who rule my destiny, what happens is what I desire, what does not occur is what I do not want to happen. I will not invite problems into my life.
The Art of Being, Doing & Having Zig Ziglar
One of my favorite phrases is, "You've got to Be before you can Do and Do before you can Have." In short, you have to Be a person of character and Do the right things, and then you can Have the things you really want. To make the "Be, Do Have" theory valid, look at some examples in your own life.
1. Draw two vertical lines to make three columns on a sheet of paper.
2. At the top of the left-hand column, write BE; in the middle column, write DO; and over in the last column, write HAVE.
3. In the right-hand column list all the things you really want in life, whether it's an education, good family relationships, a beautiful new home, a luxury automobile, a trip around the world, to lose weight--you name it.
4. Work your way down the center column identifying the things that you have to do in order to have the things listed in the right-hand column. As an example, let's say you want a successful marriage. To do so, you must be willing to share your innermost thoughts and concerns with your mate. You must carry more than your share of the workload, encourage your mate when he or she is down, and defend your mate against criticism. You need to remember special occasions. Be particularly helpful when your mate is having a bad day or is not feeling well, or has had a tough day at work. Apply the philosophy that "you can have everything you want out of this marriage if you just help your mate get what he or she wants." Everybody's list varies because each of us has unique needs, beliefs, and interests. However, the formula remains the same.
5. Go to the left-hand column and identify what you have to BE in order to DO so that you can HAVE. To have a successful marriage, some of the things that you must be are faithful, attentive, loving, caring, helpful, empathetic, encouraging, persistent, committed, kind, thoughtful, considerate, and responsible. Not having all these qualities at this moment is okay, because they're all skills, and skills can be developed.
You can use this basic formula for whatever it is you want to have. Look at what you have to do in order to accomplish your
objectives, and then examine yourself and determine what kind of person you have to BE in order to DO so that you can HAVE. . . .
Patience and tolerance bring you happiness. Anger and hatred bring you suffering
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain
"The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life." Henry Ford
New arts, new sciences, new philosophies, better government and a higher
civilization wait on our thoughts. The infinite energy of Life, and the possibility
of our future evolution, work through our imagination and will. The time is ready,
the place is where we are now, and it is done unto all as they really believe and act. Ernest Holmes
You are part of the Universal Mind, one with the Universal Substance. You live, move and have your being in pure Spirit. All the wealth, the power and the goodness of this Spirit exists at the center of your being. You experience this good in such degree as you accept, believe and feel it. Ernest Holmes
Every man has the natural and inherent power to think what he wants to think,
but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which
are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearance is easy; to
think truth regardless of appearances is laborious, and requires the expenditure
of more power than any other work man is called upon to perform."
"There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained
and consecutive thought; it is the hardest work in the world. This is especially true
when truth is contrary to appearances. Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the mind which observes it; and this can only be prevented by holding the thought of the TRUTH." Wallace D. Wattles
"When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there." Zig Ziglar
There is more to life than increasing its speed.
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
"In the end, aggressors always destroy themselves, making way for others who know how to cooperate and get along. Life is much less a competitive struggle for survival than a triumph of cooperation and creativity." - Fritjof Capra
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own. – Benjamin Disraeli
It is the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly
without the plane. - Charles Lindbergh